In our global economy today, it is no longer enough for successful managers and supervisors to have great planning, organizing, directing and controlling skills; they also must be able to understand and adapt to the different cultures they interact with in the workplace. Leading and motivating employees in a multicultural organization can be exciting and stimulating for many managers but can also be extremely challenging and difficult for many others as well. In this course, participants will be able to learn what cultural diversity is all about and examine how to overcome numerous cross-cultural communication hurdles. Participants will also be introduced to practical cross-cultural leadership models and will study how to effectively motivate cross-cultural work teams. The course also takes the participants into a quick journey into the Arab and Islamic cultures in the GCC region and concludes with a discussion on the important role of HR in building a healthy and productive cross-cultural work environment.
This course is targeted For Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Professionals or Business People working in multicultural organizations operating in the GCC or other Arab countries and who wish to enhance their knowledge, skills and attitude in leading, motivating, and working with people from different cultures.
- Personal literacy (understanding and valuing oneself )
- Social literacy (engaging and challenging other people)
- Business literacy (focusing and mobilizing one’s organization)
- Cultural empathy (valuing and leveraging cultural differences)
- Cross cultural leadership
- Communication Skills (verbal and non-verbal)
This course uses a mixture of interactive cooperative learning techniques, such as open forum discussions, participants led presentations, simulation exercises, case analysis, video discussions and role plays.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and appreciate cultural diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in a cross-cultural work environment
- Develop leadership qualities distinctive of a multicultural workplace
- Employ a framework of motivation most effective in cross cultural work teams
- Distinguish and value the Arab and Islamic cultures
- Determine and examine the importance of HR in culturally diverse organizations