It is a fact, Excel is the accountant's, finance and business professional's best friend! You and I know how overwhelmed we are with the abundance of unstructured data. Monthly, quarterly and annual closing are immensely data driven and require moving and exporting data from 'ERPs' and databases to Excel. This hands-on course will advance your data massaging, modeling, integration and automation skills to new levels. You will also master normalization and massaging of noisy data, preparation of reports, analysis and reconciliation. This course is Excel based allowing you to develop an exclusive level of expertise and adding immediate value to your job and company.
Business, finance and accounting professionals, senior and junior accountants, business analysts, research professionals, marketing and sales, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state of- the-art techniques to their daily business reporting, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Massaging of unstructured and noisy data
- Reporting, analysis, and reconciliation
- Data modeling Integration with external data sources
- Automation and macros
20% of the course is design and structure focused. 80% uses MS Excel as a powerful tool to perform daily, monthly and periodic tasks. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects on daily basis.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply Excel reporting expertise in business, finance, and accounting by enhancing data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data aggregation skills
- Use pivot tables and pivot charts to perform automated report writing, analysis and reconciliation most efficiently
- Develop dynamic business dashboards and scorecards by linking-up excel with access, web, text, SQL, and other databases
- Repeat tasks and generate reports efficiently by recording, running and editing macros
- Acquire numerous tips and tricks that will improve their working efficiency